It is almost Thanksgiving and what is cuter than a little turkey cookie?
This is an easy to make Sugar cookie and the whole family will enjoy. What a great lunch box surprise for your son or daughter. They are also a great treat to make for your co-workers or maybe for a neighbor.
How to make a Turkey Sugar Cookies
The cookie is my Flavorful Sugar Cookies anding is my Easy To Work With Royal Icing.
How to make little Turkey Sugar Cookies
- Cut out cookie dough with scalloped cookie cutter
- With an edible pen, draw a horizonal line above lower two scallops
- Using brown royal icing, I outlined and flooded in the body area for the turkey. The shape is similar to a peanut in the shell. Rounded upper body that indentions in at the waist and then rounds out again
- The four remaining scallops become the feathers for the turkey. I started with orange colored royal icing and outlined and flooded the first feather. The feet were then added.Ensuring that the body ( brown icing) was set on top) I added an upside down traiangle for the peek.
- The scallop to the far right was outlined and flooded with yeallow royal next on all the cookies.I followed by back to the scallop next to the orange feathers and outlined and flooded with grren icing.The last feather was outlined and flooded with the red icing.
- Next I added white for the eyes and placed a small black ciricle of icing in the center of the eyes. One some I made one eye larger that the other givng the turkey a funny look
- Last… but not least, I added the red gobble gobble( wattle- offical name) hanging down from the peak
Make sure you share your turkey creations 🙂
Cheers and Happy Baking
Leave a Reply